Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Artists

Interviewing is an art.  People who have gone through numerous interviews will tell you that they usually ask the same questions.  Those who know how to tailor their answers to the specific job they're interviewing for are artists.  I am an artist.

Just finished a phone interview for an internship position.  When I applied to the position, I thought that it was the perfect fit for me.  Then I found out some background information on the job specifics and am a little torn on how to act.  The hours are part time and the pay is less than what I make currently.  However, the internship is at a company that is well known and the internship is for a position that I want to make a career out of.  The down side is that barely any one is hired on full time from an internship position.  So how do I handle the situation??

The interview went great.  So well in fact that the interviewer stopped after three questions and said that she wanted me to come in for an in person interview.  Now the questions she asked I've heard before.  I knew they were coming and thought prior to the interview how to answer based on my experience.  It's also true that I really do have a lot of experience in this field.  

At this point I think I will still do the in person interview.  If anything it might be my chance to say 'no thanks'.  I'm going to have to sit down and figure out how I would work it into my schedule.  Maybe I can fit in the hours they're looking for around my current job.  It's worth a shot if it gives me the experience I'll need to get another job in my desired field.  If nothing else, it gives me a chance to practice my art some more.


No comments:

Post a Comment